Monday, October 1, 2007

Heart Broken

Really. Had an EKG and found out I have right bundle branch block. Genetically I am predisposed to heart disease, however the research says, "RBBB also commonly occurs in normal, healthy individuals, and the screening exam therefore often turns up no medical problems. In these cases, the RBBB has no apparent medical significance, and can be written off as a “normal variant,” and safely ignored." I know I'm a variant, but normal? Hehe.

Perhaps that’s why I’ve been feeling half-hearted lately. . .


Nicotine oh how I love you

Nicotine you give great dreams

You’re always there when I need a friend

Your smoke clouds the cares that nag at me

Nicotine you plug into the receptacles

Giving me pleasure

Killing me so

Slowly

Gently

Lifting my woes

Prodding me on

Oh, nicotine how I abhor you

Your powerful pull makes me feel weak

Without you I want to burst at the seams

For now I’ll use replacements

To get your kick, your dreams

Until I can begin to let you go

Leave you behind

Like a long lost lover

Say goodbye to our life-long affair

Nicotine you’ve always been there for me

Nicotine you’re killing me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn -- I can identify. I found an interesting substitute on line. I'll tell you about it Friday. Kudos on your blogs.