Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tear Stained

Finally decided to post this video. It was time. It got to the point where my computer was freezing up on me and I was concerned I'd lose the whole thing. The imagery has been gathered over the past 2 years, most recently Elise and I did the trees and pool shoot. I didn't know then what I was shooting for, but when I heard the song I knew. Joe Baldelli is a wonderful friend and a gifted musician. His music often gives me visions.

"The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place; from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web." Pablo Picasso

Don't think I can say it any better than that.

I'd love to hear your interpretation. I'm still trying to interpret it myself. You see, when I do these things I don't have anything particular in mind. I let them evolve on their own. It's only after the fact that I can sometimes parallel what is going on in my life, with what is being portrayed by the imagery in my videos. It's often metaphorical.

I'm curious how this speaks to you. Please drop me a line and let me know.

OnWaRd and UpWaRd,
Lynn


No comments: